You must be logged in to post a review.
A mouthwatering dish for any weeknight. Tender chicken slow simmered in a curry tomato sauce blended with almond milk and coconut flour for a thick, creamy consistency.
1. Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute until the onions are translucent, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
2. Mix in the curry powder, ginger, sea salt, cumin, and cayenne, stirring constantly so that the spices don’t stick to the bottom of the pan, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the chicken and tomato puree, toss to coat.
4. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover the pot, and simmer for 1 hour or until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
5. When the chicken is finished, stir in the almond milk and coconut flour.
6. Simmer the curry, uncovered for about 5 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
7. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with chopped fresh herbs.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!