You must be logged in to post a review.
Buffalo chicken dip rolled up in corn tortillas, topped with cheese. Like enchiladas buffalo style.
1. Heat the shredded, cooked chicken in a medium saucepan with the cream cheese, bleu cheese (or ranch) dressing, whites of the spring onions, and hot sauce. I use about 1/4 cup of hot sauce for two large breasts, but add this to taste. Heat on low until well mixed.
2. While the chicken mixture is heating, melt the butter in the microwave and preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. When the butter is melted, add a few extra dashes of hot sauce (maybe a teaspoon or two).
3. Prepare a 9×9 pan by spraying with cooking spray.
4. Make the roll-ups: in each of 6 tortillas, add an equal portion of the chicken mixture in a straight line down the middle of the tortilla, like you’re making a burrito. Sprinkle some cheese on top of the chicken. I like to dab a little bit of the butter/hot sauce mixture all the way around the edge of the tortilla, but don’t go overboard on this.
5. Roll up each tortilla and place in the prepared baking dish.
6. Brush some of the butter/hot sauce mixture over each tortilla. Again, don’t go overboard, you don’t want greasy roll-ups.
7. Sprinkle cheddar cheese and spring onion tops on top of the rolls, cover, and bake until heated through, about 15-20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and lightly brown.
8. Serve your roll-ups with additional hot sauce, bleu cheese, sour cream, cheese, or onion tops.
This makes about 6 roll-ups when I make it, and one is enough for a person depending on how big the chicken breasts are and how hungry you are. Enjoy!!!
Feel free to customize the toppings to your taste. I like my wrap with avocado, tomato and lettuce while my husband likes the chicken on a bun as a club sandwich. The real key to this recipe is the marinade.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!