You must be logged in to post a review.
Shockingly beautiful (and tasty) ravioli stuffed with beets, sweet potatoes, and sage, and tossed garlic olive oil.
The bright orange of the sweet potato and the fuchsia of the beets makes this dish really special.
1) Sift 2 cups flour into clean bowl, add healthy pinch of salt. Make a well in flour and cracks eggs into it. Mix. Turn out and knead for 5-10 minutes. Separate dough into 1 ” balls, and roll out with pin.
Beet and Sweet Potato Filling:
1) Steam potato and beets together until soft. Transfer to clean bowl and add 1/2 cup ricotta, sage, and a healthy pinch of salt. Mash with fork, but be sure to leave some nice red chunks of beets. Taste and season to liking.
2) If you choose to add sausage, cook it up and stir it in with the potatoes and beets.
3) In a saute pan, heat 4 tbsp olive oil. Saute 4 cloves of garlic (crushed or sliced) and rosemary, add a pinch of salt. Set aside.
4) Stuff raviolis with a spoonful of the filling! (Place the filling in the middle and fold the ravioli in half, pinching the sides.) You might have to experiment with the size of your noodle, the amount of filling, and the way you fold/stuff the ravioli.
5) Let ravioli dry for a bit. You can then either freeze them for a later date, or go ahead and boil them as you would normal pasta!
6) To serve, drain pasta and toss with infused olive oil and a little Parmesan cheese.
Feel free to customize the toppings to your taste. I like my wrap with avocado, tomato and lettuce while my husband likes the chicken on a bun as a club sandwich. The real key to this recipe is the marinade.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!