You must be logged in to post a review.
This is a variation of Gordon Ramsay’s recipe for Beef Wellington and makes for a great change of pace for dinner.
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
2. Season the filet of beef with salt and pepper lightly. Heat oil in a large pan with garlic and fresh thyme in it and sear the meat on all sides. Don’t cook the meat, just brown each side. Let it cool and then brush it with the mustard. Let it sit on a cutting board to cool.
3. Chop the mushrooms in a food processor to make a puree.
4. Throw the puree in a hot pan with no oil and sweat out all of the liquid. Let the water evaporate and then set it aside to cool.
5. Lay slices of parma ham down on a large piece of cling film, slightly overlapping, then brush with mushroom mixture.
6. Put the beef in the middle of the ham and roll the ham around the beef using the cling film. Twist the ends of the cling film to tighten the roll, then refrigerate it for 15 minutes to let it set.
7. Roll your puff pastry and then brush the edges with egg wash. Roll the pastry over the beef completely covering it. Cut off any excess pieces. Brush the top with egg wash.
8. Put your roll back in the fridge for 5 minutes. Brush with egg wash again and bake for 35-40 minutes. Let it cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
Beef Wellington must be served in slices after cooking and served with any side dish you desire. Make sure you don’t make small thin slices as that could dry out the meat before eating.
Slow-braised, beer-marinated beef short ribs on a bed of buttery whipped sweet potatoes.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!