You must be logged in to post a review.
I wanted to find something quick, easy and cheap to make for dinner, yet with all of my favorite flavors of a dinner that I had spent hours making! I love chicken tacos and BBQ is one of my favorite things on the planet, so I put it all together and BAM! Best tacos ever!
For the BBQ sauce (if you prefer, you can purchase your favorite pre-made bottled sauce):
1. Place all of the sauce ingredients (except orange juice) in a medium saucepan. Whisk together until smooth.
2. Heat over medium-high heat on the stove. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly for 1 minute.
3. Lower the heat and let the sauce simmer for about 20 minutes, whisking ever so often.
4. Remove from heat and let the sauce cool completely.
5. When the sauce is cooled, add orange juice and whisk again.
For the slaw:
1. Place coleslaw mix in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt and agave.
3. Pour the mixture over the coleslaw mix and toss together using a spatula.
4. Add the cilantro, salt, pepper, orange juice and zest, and toss again.
5. Refrigerate for about an hour before topping the tacos. See step 3 under Chicken Tacos.
For the chicken tacos:
1. Shred the chicken using your hands or a fork, place in a large mixing bowl. Pour 1/2 cup of the sauce over the chicken and toss to combine. Pour the remaining sauce into a canning jar for storage in the refrigerator.
2. Lay the corn tortillas down flat on a plate. Place about 1/4 cup of chicken on top of the tortilla.
3. Place about 1/4 cup of the slaw on top of the chicken.
Feel free to customize the toppings to your taste. I like my wrap with avocado, tomato and lettuce while my husband likes the chicken on a bun as a club sandwich. The real key to this recipe is the marinade.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!