You must be logged in to post a review.
This turkey burger is moist, juicy and healthy!
1. For the spicy lemongrass mayo: Mix together the mayonnaise, sriracha sauce, lime zest and juice and lemongrass in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
2. For the Asian chicken burger: Combine the ground turkey or chicken, hoisin, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic and scallions in a large bowl. Mix together and form into 4 equal patties about 1/2-inch thick and 4 inches wide. This patty will be a bit wetter than your average patty because of the sauces and flavor in there. Sprinkle each side of the patties generously with salt and pepper. Create a small well in the center of each patty, using your thumb.
3. Cook your patties on the griddle over medium heat until golden brown on each side and 160 F, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Because of the sugar content in these patties, they can burn easily so watch your heat. When done remove them from the heat and allow to rest 5 minutes. Place your buns on the griddle and toast them.
4. For assembling: Place some of the spicy lemongrass mayo on each side of the buns. Add the chicken patties and top with the Pickled Asian Slaw. Finish with the top bun and serve with additional slaw and mayo on the side.
5. For the slaw: Add the rice wine vinegar to a mixing bowl and whisk in the sesame oil and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cabbage and peppers and toss to coat with the dressing. Adjust the seasoning and let sit 20 minutes to let the flavors meld together before serving.
Recipe adapted from Cookingchanneltv.com and Kelsey Nixon.
Feel free to customize the toppings to your taste. I like my wrap with avocado, tomato and lettuce while my husband likes the chicken on a bun as a club sandwich. The real key to this recipe is the marinade.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!