You must be logged in to post a review.
Avoid any preservatives and additives in this SUPER simple homemade version. All you need is a little time and patience.
1. Split vanilla pods in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds inside!
2. Place both seeds and pods into an 8 ounce (preferably glass) jar with a tight fitting lid. Mason jars work great here!
3. Fill the jar to top with 8 ounces of really good vodka. Put the lid on.
4. Give a shake and let it sit in a dark, heat- and cold-free space. I put my jar in my spice cabinet.
5. Every few days give it a good shake!
6. After two months you’re ready to use!! Enjoy.
Recipe adapted from muffintinmania.com.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!