You must be logged in to post a review.
After having a peanut and candy corn mix that tasted fantastic, I decided to make a cookie version! Candy corns melt in the middle, creating a nougat-like center. It’s a great salty/sweet combo!
1. Heat oven to 325°F.
2. Cream together butter, peanut butter and both sugars with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg and vanilla and mix until fully incorporated.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
5. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, stirring until blended. Stir in peanuts.
6. Form 1-inch balls of dough, inserting one or two candy corns into the center of each. Make sure dough completely covers the candy on all sides. Place on baking sheet and slightly flatten.
7. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and immediately press a few candy corns into the top of each cookie. Let cool several minutes (baking sheet should be cool enough to touch). Carefully transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!