You must be logged in to post a review.
A gin, peach and sage cocktail with sage, ginger and cardamom simple syrup. It will have you wishing it was the weekend everyday.
For the simple syrup:
1. In a small saucepan stir together the water and sugar and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir often, until sugar dissolves.
2. Remove from heat and add in the ginger, cardamom and sage. Set aside to let the mixture steep for 10 minutes.
3. Pour the mixture into a bowl or pitcher through a sieve to strain out the sage, ginger and cardamom. Allow it to cool to room temperature. Transfer to a glass and store in the fridge.
For the Bomb Collins:
1. Pull out 4 tall cocktail glasses. Muddle a peach half and 3 sage leaves in the bottom of each glass.
2. Add 2 ounces of gin, 1/4 ounce of lime juice, 1/4 ounce of lemon juice, 2 dashes of bitters and 1 tablespoon of the prepared simple syrup into each glass. Stir.
3. Fill each glass with ice and top with mineral water. Add the crushed ice over top.
4. Pour 1 tablespoon of additional simple syrup over the crushed ice in each glass. Grate a half a teaspoon of nutmeg on top of each cocktail.
5. Garnish each with a sage sprig and 1/4 peach segment.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!