You must be logged in to post a review.
Frozen Blueberry Lemonade.
For the syrup:
Blend the blueberries in a blender until smooth. Place the pureed blueberries and sugar in a saucepan, bring to a boil and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. Squeeze the lemon juice into the syrup. You can place the syrup in the refrigerator at this time to cool down if desired.
For the lemonade (I use my recipe for Mom’s Lemonade, also found in my recipe box):
1. Quarter your lemons and leave the skin on, remove the seeds.
2. Combine 2 cups of water and the sugar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat until sugar has dissolved.
3. Combine the sugar water and lemon quarters in a blender. Pulse on high for 30 seconds (see note below).
4. Pour the lemon mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a large container.
5. Pour the remaining 2 cups of water through the strainer into the container, so all the lemony sugar goodness is washed through. You can add more water to taste if needed.
6. Allow lemonade to chill and settle in the fridge.
For the blueberry lemonade:
I found a good ratio for lemonade to ice was 1:2. Place lemonade and ice cubes in a blender. Blend until ice is well crushed. Pour about 2 tablespoons of the blueberry syrup in the bottom of a frosty glass, then pour frozen lemonade over the syrup to fill up glass.
Note: I used small 8-ounce Mason jars to serve. If you use larger glasses, you may want to use more syrup in each glass.
Note: Do not blend the lemons for too long. If you blend too long, the lemonade will turn bitter.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!