You must be logged in to post a review.
These truffles morphed from a new fudge recipe I was experimenting with for Christmas gifts. This is really just a technique and the basics can be adapted to whatever you desire.
1. In a large pot over medium low heat, combine butter, milk, semi-sweet chocolate, and salt. Stir continuously until melted and smooth.
2. Add pudding mix and continue to stir constantly for 3 minutes to allow the pudding to dissolve into the chocolate.
3. Add the Marshmallow Fluff and stir until the ribbons of white disappear and the entire mixture is consistently smooth and brown. Remove pan from heat.
4. Carefully pour the mixture into a 9×9 dish that you’ve lined with wax paper. Smooth the top. Place dish in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. They have to become completely cooled and set in order to roll. The timing will differ based on your refrigerator setting. I have actually allowed them to cool overnight and had great success.
5. In a food processor, grind the white chocolate chips until flaky. Pour into a shallow dish.
6. Once the chocolate mixture has finished cooling in the fridge, remove it from the fridge. Use a melon baller or small cookie scoop to scoop out teaspoon sized pieces of dough and roll between your hands into a ball. You will want to work fast so you don’t melt the truffle with the heat from your hand. Roll the truffles in the flaked white chocolate.
7. Arrange the rolled truffles on at cookie sheet and place in the freezer for 3 minutes to firm up.
8. Arrange the truffles on a serving dish or gift container. Enjoy!
Note: These candies need to be stored in the refrigerator and will be good for at least a week.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!