You must be logged in to post a review.
Whiskey & Thyme Lemon Bars
For the crust:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Grease a 9×13 inch pan with butter and line with foil. Make sure to grease foil as well.
3. Pulse the butter, both flours, sugars and salt in a mixer or food processor until dough comes together; it should take about a minute. Then add in almond or vanilla extract and pulse to combine.
4. Press evenly into bottom and up the sides of the pan.
5. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. When done remove it from the oven and set aside until ready with filling.
For the filling:
1. Whisk the whole eggs and yolks, sugar, agave syrup and flour together until creamy.
2. Whisk in lemon zest, lemon juice, whiskey, and vanilla.
3. Remove thyme from stem and add leaves to the filling.
4. Reduce oven to 300 F.
5. Add filling to crust and return to the oven.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the crust sets.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!