You must be logged in to post a review.
A take on traditional crumb cake, made without dairy.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly grease an 8- or 9-inch round cake pan (or in my case, a festive Halloween pan).
2. In a large bowl mix together the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Using a cutting board, cut the margarine into small chunks and add them to the mix. Mix for a couple of minutes with a hand mixer. This is your “dry ingredient” mix.
4. Remove 1/2 cup of the dry ingredient mix and put it into a separate bowl. Add the cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of sugar into the reserved 1/2 cup and mix together well. This is your “topping”.
5. To the remaining dry ingredient mix, add the soy yogurt and milk and mix until the consistency is smooth.
6. Put the batter into the round cake pan and spread evenly. I used a rubber spatula to spread it around.
7. Spread the topping evenly over the top of the batter. Melt 2 tablespoons of margarine in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Drizzle the melted margarine over the top of the cake.
8. Bake the cake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!