You must be logged in to post a review.
Delicious cookies that are chocolatey and nutty but still very soft and chewy. Everyone compliments me on these!
1. Hint! Put butter and eggs out for 15-20 minutes before baking so they are room temperature for baking.
2. In a medium sized bowl mix flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder together and set aside.
3. In the large bowl of your stand mixer using the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and vanilla until creamy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time and mix until smooth and creamy.
5. Slowly add in flour/cocoa mixture until fully incorporated. The mixture should be a thick, dark brown, and slightly sticky. If the mixture is too dry, add up to 1/2 cup heavy cream and mix slowly until the mix is smooth and creamy.
6. Fold in the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts until mixture is has a consistent texture. Cover the bowl with a sheet of plastic wrap.
7. Refrigerate the dough a minimum of 2 hours but overnight is ideal.
8. Preheat oven to 375 F. Using a small spoon, make 1-2 tablespoon-sized balls and place on baking sheets that you’ve lined with parchment paper. They spread quite a bit so space them about 2 inches apart.
9. Bake 11-13 minutes until edges are hard. (Note: I bake at altitude and most my recipes take longer than at sea level so check your cookies at 10 minutes to see if they are done!)
10. When done remove the pans from the oven. Let cookies sit 5-10 minutes on cookie sheet, then remove them from the pan and cool on a rack.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!