You must be logged in to post a review.
White Chocolate Buttercream is a very sweet, creamy, spreadable wonder. Perfect for just about any type of cake (think fruity!), or as a filling for cupcakes and sandwich cookies.
1. Put the chopped white chocolate into a small heatproof bowl. Heat the chocolate in 30 second increments in the microwave set to 60% power. Stir after each increment, and continue to heat 30 seconds at a time, until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Set aside and allow to completely cool.
2. Place the softened butter into a large mixing bowl. Sift the salt and powdered sugar over the butter. Cream the butter and sugar mixture together until light and fluffy, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
3. Measure the whipping cream into a cup, and stir in the vanilla extract.
4. With the mixer running on low speed, gradually pour the cream mixture into the frosting mixture in the mixing bowl.
5. Once the cream mixture has been incorporated into the frosting, fold in the melted (but cooled) white chocolate until incorporated.
6. Increase the mixer speed to medium-high, and beat frosting for an additional 3 minutes.
7. Makes about 2 ½ cups of frosting.
• This makes a medium consistency frosting, which is very spreadable and creamy.
• For a stiff decorator frosting: add more powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time, until desired consistency (about another cup or so.)
• For a thinner consistency, to fill cupcakes or sandwich cookies, add about ½ cup less powdered sugar, and/or about a tablespoon more cream.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!