You must be logged in to post a review.
Thanks to some personal tweaking of the original recipe, this has become the best cake recipe I’ve ever used. Even my mom, who is not a chocolate cake fan, has second helpings. The cake will even stay moist in the fridge for several days … if you hide it well enough!
* Heat oven to 350°F.
* Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans or one 13×9 inch pan. (I don’t always flour my pans, but that could have to do with my climate. Also, if you flour with cocoa, the cake will look prettier. And it’s probably healthier for ya too. :P)
* In large mixer bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
* Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
* Stir in coffee by hand (batter will be thin). I use a full cup of coffee usually, but I live in an extremely dry climate. If you are blessed with frizzy hair climate, 3/4 cup would probably work.
* Pour into prepared pan.
* Bake for 30 to 35 minutes for round 9-inch pans, 35 to 40 minutes for rectangular pans or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. (Do not use 8-inch pans or the batter will overflow.). If you are using a glass pan, you will probably need to add some additional time.
* Cool for 10 minutes; remove from the pan to wire racks. Frost as desired (buttercream, anyone?). Enjoy!