You must be logged in to post a review.
Fight the winter blues with a taste of summer, straight from your warm oven. These huge S’mores cookies are thick, sweet and super chewy. They’ll definitely leave you wanting “S’more”!
1. Preheat your oven to 375 F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large, heatproof bowl, combine butter and 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows. Using a double boiler or microwave (cooking in no more than 30 second increments, stirring in between each, if you choose the latter), heat the mixture until butter and marshmallows are melted, stirring frequently. In the same bowl, add white and brown sugars, stirring until mixture is thoroughly combined.
3. Add eggs (one at a time, stirring after each addition) and vanilla extract and mix until thoroughly combined. Mixture should be smooth and free of lumps.
4. In a separate bowl, add salt, baking soda, both flours, and finely crushed graham cracker crumbs and mix well. Add the dry mixture (the flour mixture) to the wet mixture (the butter, sugar, marshmallow mixture) and stir until just combined. Mix in coarsely chopped graham crackers, milk chocolate, and 2 cups of mini marshmallows. (You should still have 1.5 cup of marshmallows remaining.)
5. Portion dough into 1/8 cup portions. Roll lightly between your palms, taking care not to compress dough too tightly, until the dough balls are smooth and golf ball-sized. Set cookies on parchment-lined pans, keeping about 2 inches of space between the cookies.
6. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove trays from the oven and press additional marshmallows into the top of each cookie. Return to oven and bake for an additional 2-4 minutes, removing when the edges are golden and the centers are just set. Let cookies sit for 5 minutes then move to a cooling rack. Allow cookies to cool completely before enjoying.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!