You must be logged in to post a review.
This Fridge Cake with a Valentine’s Day twist uses white chocolate, Oreo cookies and dried strawberries. The sweet, chewy, crunchy little bars come together easily and require no baking.
1. Prepare a pan or form by lining it with parchment paper, allowing the paper to hang over two ends of the pan. My improvised pan was approximately 7 x 4 inches. A loaf pan would work well or an 8 x 8 pan if you double the recipe.
2. Place Oreo cookies in a small bag, seal the bag and coarsely crush them with a rolling pin (I didn’t have a rolling pin so I used a cutting board to crush them.) You could also leave the cookies whole or break them into halves or quarters only, since the chocolate is cut into squares later anyway. Set cookies aside.
3. Chop the strawberries. Break or chop white chocolate into pieces and place in a bowl that you can use for a double-boiler.
4. Add coconut oil, honey and coconut cream to white chocolate. Honey flows easily off a spoon if you first measure the coconut oil.
5. Melt the chocolate mixture over a pot of gently simmering water (a double-boiler) while stirring. If using honey, mixture might become hard to stir and seem seized but it will still come together nicely.
6. Once melted, stir chopped strawberries into the melted chocolate mixture. Spread half of the mixture into the prepared pan. Press in half of the Oreos. Spread on the rest of the chocolate and top with remaining Oreo pieces.
7. Chill fridge cake thoroughly for at least 2 hours or overnight. Then lift cold fridge cake out of the form using the parchment paper ‘handle’. Cut into small bite-sized bars. Using a knife that you’ve dipped into hot water, then wiped off before making each cut will make cutting easier.
8. Store in the fridge.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!