You must be logged in to post a review.
Moist pumpkin cake with an awesome frosting made with browned butter.
1. Grease a 9×13 pan. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a large bowl mix milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin, vanilla, butter, and sour cream till smooth.
3. Slowly add the dry ingredients until just combined. Pour into the greased pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely before icing.
4. In a small saucepan cook butter on medium heat for 5 minutes or so until little brown specks appear in the butter. Be careful, because this can easily go from browned to burnt, so don’t turn away! Once butter is browned, remove pan from the oven and allow butter to cool for 10 minutes.
5. In a large bowl mix the butter, milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Use a mixer and beat on low until smooth. If consistency is thick add additional milk 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency reached. Frost the cake immediately.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!