You must be logged in to post a review.
This recipe is slightly different than others I’ve seen in that it uses soda pop to give it a little extra something special! When I made these cookies for a school function, I literally had people coming up to me left and right telling me that these were the best cookies they ever had! TRY THEM! The photo shows Orange Soda cake cookies, made with orange soda instead of Sprite and Orange cake mix instead of yellow/lemon.
1. Whisk together the slightly melted butter, soda, and egg.
2. Stir in the cake mix with a wooden spoon until lumps are gone. The batter will be thick and very sticky.
3. Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper. Parchment is preferred to using cooking spray—the parchment paper keeps them from getting too brown on the edges.
4. I use a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop to drop the cookies onto the parchment because it is easy to fill and use the release lever. If you don’t have one, then scoop out a heaping dinner spoonful at a time (not the soup spoon, use the smaller spoon/teaspoon).
5. Place batter spoonfuls about two inches apart on the cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. You should keep them in the oven until you see a slight golden brown color on parts of the cookie, otherwise the middle will be too soft. So check the texture of your first batch and adjust the time for your oven accordingly. Recipe makes about 4 to 5 dozen cookies.
Note: if you like frosted cookies, then you can frost them any way you like. If I frost these, then I like to use confectioner’s sugar, a little butter, a little milk, and add in some orange extract or lemon juice.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!