You must be logged in to post a review.
Ooey, smooey marshmallow smooshed between two melty cinnamon chocolate chip cookies. I’m in love.
1. Place sheets of parchment paper on two large baking sheets.
2. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Meanwhile, sift together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Pour the melted butter into the bowl of an electric mixer. Add the honey and brown sugar. Beat the butter and sugars together on medium speed. Add the egg, yolk, milk, and vanilla and beat until thoroughly combined. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture to the bowl and stir until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips and Hershey’s chocolate.
4. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or overnight. When you are about ready to make the cookies, heat oven to 375 F. Pull the dough out of the refrigerator. Use a cookie scoop to dish out 1 inch balls of dough onto the baking sheets, leaving about 1 1/2 inches between each ball. Bake for 10-12 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through. Remove cookies from the oven when they are golden brown on the edges but still look underdone in the middle. Let them set up for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet. Then remove them from the sheets and cool completely on a wire rack.
5. For the marshmallows, toast them to your liking over an open fire or grill (put them on a stick or skewer and hold them over the fire until they look good) or place them under a broiler (if I use the broiler I always place the marshmallow on top of one of the cookies then slide them in open faced.
To serve, smash 1 or 2 toasted marshmallows between 2 cookies and enjoy!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!