You must be logged in to post a review.
Simple anise-flavored Italian biscotti. A family favorite.
Note: Make sure butter and eggs are at room temperature.
Preheat oven to 350 F.
1. In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream butter then mix in the sugar.
2. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
3. Add anise and vanilla flavorings and beat.
4. Add flour and blend.
5. Spread with a spatula into a greased 9×13 pan and add sprinkles on top.
6. Bake in a 350 F oven for 25 minutes. Remove dish from oven and cut the bar in thirds lengthwise, then cut it across the width in half-inch slices. Increase oven temperature to 375 F.
7. Remove about half of the bars from the pan and place remaining slices upright (cut side up). Set the other half aside for a moment. Bake the ones that are still in the baking dish for about 13 minutes at 375 F or until golden brown. Remove from oven and remove them from the dish. Repeat the second baking step with the remaining slices.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!