You must be logged in to post a review.
These Salted Chocolate Chip Caramel Cookies are chocolate chip cookies intensified ten-fold. The cookies boast sea salt both inside and on top. Browned butter and dark brown sugar lend a caramel quality and extra caramel bits inside make for a pleasantly chewy cookie experience. If you love salted caramel, you will love these cookies!
1. Brown your butter: Heat a small saute pan over medium heat. Add butter pieces to skillet and melt, whisking frequently. As the butter cooks, it will foam up. Take care that the solids on the bottom of the pan do not turn black, but stop cooking when they reach a nice dark brown. You will probably have to push the foam aside to get a clear view of the bottom of the pan. Once butter solids are browned and the melted butter is amber in color, turn off the heat and allow to cool before proceeding.
2. Preheat oven to 375 F.
3. Combine both sugars and cooled butter in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs and mix well. Add vanilla extract. Set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and sea salt. Add this to the egg/butter/sugar/vanilla mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in caramel bits and chocolate chips. Dough will be very crumbly.
5. Scoop dough into 1/4 cup sized balls and roll gently between your palms. Be careful not to compress dough too much but roll until smooth. If dough is too dry, add ice cold water in 1 tablespoon increments until dough just holds together.
6. Place balls on silicone baking mat or parchment-lined baking sheets, placing them two inches apart. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until edges are crispy and center is set. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with additional sea salt. Let them sit on the pan for 5 minutes, then move to cooling rack. Allow to cool entirely before enjoying.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!