You must be logged in to post a review.
A perfect summer cake bursting with fresh raspberries. Made with ground almonds, whole wheat flour and olive oil, so it’s sort of a bit healthy.
1. Preheat the oven to 160ºC/325ºF and well grease a 20cm tin with butter.
2. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together the eggs and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy and has tripled in size (at least 5 minutes, probably closer to 10).
3. Pour in the olive oil and vanilla and continue to whisk until it has been incorporated.
4. Fold the flour and almond meal into the mixture with a metal spoon, trying not to lose any of the air.
5. Finally fold in the raspberries.
6. Pour into the tin and bake for 35-40 minutes until the cake is golden brown and starting to shrink from the edges of the tin. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
7. To serve, dust with powdered sugar.
Loosely adapted from Felicity Barnum Bobb’s Olive Oil Spong Cake in Delicious magazine.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!