You must be logged in to post a review.
These Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Bars with Ginger Icing are dense, moist, incredibly delicious, and perfect for fall!
1. Preheat oven to 325°F and grease an 8-inch square baking pan. In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, raisins, pumpkin seeds, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, coconut oil, and orange juice and stir well until incorporated. Next, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth with a knife or spoon until evenly spread. Place in the oven and bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
4. Remove the soon-to-be bars from the pan and place on a cooling rack. I like to do this by placing a large plate (face side down) on top of the baking pan and flipping the pan over while holding onto the plate. The “cake” will fall onto the plate. Then place the cooling rack on top of the “cake” and flip that over so the soon-to-be bars are on the cooling rack. Allow to cool completely.
5. While the bars are cooling, create the icing by combining the confectioners sugar, ginger, and water in a bowl. Stir well until combined. Place the icing in a piping bag or a plastic bag with a corner cut off. Once the the bars have cooled completely, drizzle the icing over. Sprinkle a few pumpkin seeds over the icing for garnish (optional). Allow the icing to set for 5 minutes.
6. Slice the bars into 8 large rectangles or 16 small squares and serve.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!