You must be logged in to post a review.
This cake is super moist, almost more pudding-like than cake, with a swirl of caramel through.
1. Grease an 8×8 pan and preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix the sugars and butter on medium speed until smooth. Add the egg and pumpkin, mix until smooth.
3. Add the flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix until combined.
4. In a small microwave-proof bowl, heat up the caramel until pourable. I used about 20 individually-wrapped caramels, but you can also use 3 ounces of caramel. In 30-seconds intervals, melt the caramel in the microwave until smooth and pourable.
5. Pour the batter into the pan and swirl in the caramel. Bake for 30 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
6. Serve warm with whipped cream.
This deliciously fluffy, vegan cake is perfect for using Thanksgiving leftovers. Aside from the cranberry sauce and chocolate chips, it’s almost entirely sweetened with fruit—truly healthy enough for breakfast! If you haven’t tried baking with date paste yet, this is a great recipe to start with!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!