You must be logged in to post a review.
Rice Krispie Treats are so quick and easy to make, even the kids can get involved. Add peanut butter and top with chocolate to make an already yummy treat, even yummier!
1. Liberally grease a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan with softened butter or margarine, use about a tablespoon. Set pan aside.
2. Melt the 1/4 cup of butter and 1/3 cup of peanut butter together either in the top of a double boiler; or use a large microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for about 40 seconds. Stir to combine.
3. Add the marshmallows to the melted peanut butter and butter and continue to stir over the heat until melted; or return the bowl to the microwave and heat for about 1 ½ minutes, stirring after 45 seconds.
4. Stir the Rice Krispies into the melted mixture, mix well.
5. Press the mixture evenly into the greased pan. It is easier to press the mixture into the pan if you put a little butter on your fingers and use your fingers. Don’t press too hard.
6. Melt the 3 tablespoons of peanut butter and the chocolate chips either in the top of a double boiler or in the microwave. In the microwave melt on high for 30 seconds then stir, and then put back in the microwave for only 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each additional 10 second increment.
7. Pour the melted peanut butter and chocolate over the Rice Krispie treats and smooth out the chocolate to cover the entire surface. Allow chocolate to set. To speed up the setting of the chocolate, you can put the pan of treats into the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes.
8. Cut into squares once the chocolate has set.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!