You must be logged in to post a review.
It’s only right that this moist and delicious peanut butter and banana cake should be topped with peanut butter and honey frosting!
For the cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 x 2 inch baking dish.
3. In a medium bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set the dry ingredients to the side.
4. In a large bowl cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy. A handheld mixer is good for this.
5. Mix in the mashed bananas.
6. Add in the eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
7. Add all of the dry ingredients and the buttermilk at once. Mix just until combined.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Allow the cake to cool completely then frost.
*Note, if you do not have buttermilk, combine a scant ¾ cup of milk with 1 ½ teaspoons of white vinegar and allow it to sit for about 5 minutes.
For the frosting:
1. In a medium bowl cream together the butter, peanut butter and the honey with a handheld mixer.
2. Add the powdered sugar and milk. Mix until well combined.
*Note: Because of the honey, the frosting will not be fluffy; it’s more like a thick glaze.
This deliciously fluffy, vegan cake is perfect for using Thanksgiving leftovers. Aside from the cranberry sauce and chocolate chips, it’s almost entirely sweetened with fruit—truly healthy enough for breakfast! If you haven’t tried baking with date paste yet, this is a great recipe to start with!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!