You must be logged in to post a review.
Mini sweet cherry cardamom pies baked in cupcake liners. People love them as they can peel the liner and eat them on the go.
1. Preheat your oven to 375 F.
2. Line a 12-count cupcake pan with paper liners and set it aside.
3. Pit the cherries.
4. In a bowl, add the pitted cherries, sugar, flour, vanilla extract, and cardamom. Squeeze half a lemon into the mixture (roughly 2 tablespoons of juice) and mix all the ingredients thoroughly. Set aside
5. Roll out one pie dough crust. Cut out twelve, 3″ diameter circles. (You’ll get about nine initially. Combine the scraps of extra dough, roll it out, and cut out three more circles)
6. Push each circle into the bottom of a cupcake liner. Make sure to patch up any tears.
7. Fill each mini pie with enough filling so that it heaps. The fruit filling will settle as it bakes in the oven. Set them aside in the refrigerator.
8. Roll out the other pie dough crust. Using any cookie cutter shape you prefer, cut out a shape to serve as your top crust.
9. Place that on top of each mini pie. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with organic sugar.
10. Bake at 375 F for 30-35 minutes.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!