You must be logged in to post a review.
These Mandarin orange cranberry muffins are a juicy, refreshingly fruity and not-too-sweet treat with a crunchy streusel topping.
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coarsely chop cranberries and mix with 1/4 cup sugar. Set aside.
2. Place streusel ingredients into a small bowl and combine with a pastry blender or to knives until mixture is crumbly.
3. Line a muffin tray. In a bowl combine flour, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and soda, salt and vanilla.
4. In another bowl, beat the egg and add Mandarin orange zest, juice and melted butter.
5. Add dry mixture to wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Mix in cranberries and optional nuts.
6. Fill 12 muffin liners with the batter, sprinkle streusel crumbles on top and bake for 15-20 minutes until muffins are golden brown.
These cupcakes are all about decoration. My favorites are the monster cupcakes. They are colorful, fun and so easy to achieve the cuteness. No piping skills required. I guarantee you. You can go as crazy as you want. After all they are monsters.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!