You must be logged in to post a review.
Lightened up sugar cookies that still taste rich and sweet!
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 2 cookie sheets with baking mats or parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars. Add in egg, vanilla, and milk. Beat until creamy.
3. Stir together flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and beat until dough forms.
4. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Roll dough out to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out cookies with cutters, sprinkle with colored sugars, and transfer to cookie sheets.
5. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until edges just start to turn light golden brown. Then remove the pans from the oven. Allow cookies to cool for 3 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Store cookies in an airtight container.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!