You must be logged in to post a review.
Super easy dessert that will impress: honey baked nectarines with vanilla and brown sugar.
1. Set oven temperature to 180 C.
2. Cut nectarines in half. Remove stones and place cut nectarines on a baking paper lined oven proof dish/rimmed pan with the cut side facing up.
3. Drizzle honey, vanilla, and a sprinkle of brown sugar on top.
4. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the dish from the oven and scoop up the juices and baste the nectarines with the juice. Then put the dish back in the oven and bake for a further 15 minutes or until golden and sticky.
5. Serve with yoghurt, drizzled with honey.
This dish is so easy to make and, in comparison to its traditional cousin, can be made as low fat as you desire (using fat free Cool Whip and sugar free pudding mix). The molasses cookies add a spiciness not often found in a traditional pie crust. If you don’t like the flavor of molasses, you could always substitute ginger snaps, but the soft molasses cookies are a delicious addition.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!