You must be logged in to post a review.
These bar cookies are fun, festive, and super quick and easy to whip up. Spread them around the office and watch the atmosphere instantly brighten. And really, you don’t have to wait for a birthday.
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line an 8 by 8-inch baking pan with 2 pieces of parchment paper so that it hangs over the sides. Brush the paper with the canola oil.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl, then stir in the white chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles. Set aside for now.
3. Whisk together the butter and sugar in a separate medium bowl; whisk in the molasses, egg, vanilla extract, almond extract, and butter flavoring (if using).
4. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet just to combine. (The batter will be thicker than cake batter but not as thick as cookie dough.)
5. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake until golden on top and a toothpick inserted inside comes out with just a couple crumbs, around 25 minutes. (If you wait until the toothpick is clean to pull out these blondies, they will be overcooked.)
6. Cool completely before cutting.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!