You must be logged in to post a review.
Hot gooey Nutella and sweet bananas cuddle in a blanket of crispy fried pastry.
1. Roll out the pie crust to 1/8 inch thick. Use a 4” round cookie cutter to make circles of pie dough.
2. Top with 1 tablespoon of Nutella and a few pieces of sliced banana.
3. Brush the beaten egg around the edge of the pie crust and then fold it over. Very gently, use a fork to pinch the edges together without breaking through the pie crust. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to fry.
4. Bring the vegetable oil up to 375ºF in a large heavy pot.
5. Gently add the pies, a few at a time, to the hot oil and gently fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
6. Gently remove from the oil with a slotted spoon or strainer. Quickly drain on a paper towel.
7. Generously sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve hot. (These stay hot for a long time!)
I chose to use semi-sweet chocolate instead of milk chocolate, so that the chocolate flavor would really punch through. This provided the perfect balance of chocolate to make the whole frosting completely “milk chocolate” in flavor.
Banana cupcakes with Nutella and vanilla swirl buttercream.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!