You must be logged in to post a review.
Fresh Blueberry Pie: dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free and vegan!
1. In a medium saucepan, bring the sugar, water, corn starch, lemon juice and 1 cup of blueberries to a boil. Cook until the berries just start to explode and the sauce turns purple and thick. Remove from the heat.
2. Add the remaining 3 cups blueberries and allow to cool down.
3. While the blueberry filling cools, mix the cream cheese and the powdered sugar together in a small bowl until smooth.
4. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the bottom of the baked pie crust (Pillsbury makes a dairy-free refrigerated pie crust).
5. Pour the cooled blueberry pie filling on top and chill the whole pie. Serve with dairy-free vanilla ice cream or dairy-free whipped cream.
This peanut butter cream pie is made extra yummy by using a chocolate cream base and a meringue topping. It’s a little bit more work than some of the recipes I’ve posted but it is well worth it. And hard as it is to resist, it is best when left to set up and then cool completely in the refrigerator.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!