You must be logged in to post a review.
My sweet momma makes the best (and I mean THE best) Chocolate Coca Cola Cake in the world. It’s better than Cracker Barrel’s. It’s been my favorite dessert since I was a little bitty girl, and I ask for it for every birthday and holiday on the calendar.
For the cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Sift flour and sugar together; set aside.
2. Combine the butter, cocoa, and Coca-Cola in a saucepan and bring to a low boil.
3. Pour the liquid mixture over the flour/sugar mixture. In another bowl, dissolve the baking soda in the buttermilk (careful! It rises quickly! Also, don’t use a metal spoon; it messes up the reaction.) and pour into the mixing bowl with everything else. Blend in the eggs and vanilla extract.
4. Pour the batter into a greased 9×13 pan and bake for approximately 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
For the icing:
1. Bring to a boil the butter, baking cocoa, and Coca-Cola.
2. Stir in vanilla and confectioner’s sugar, and keep stirring until all the sugar is dissolved.
3. Pour icing over the cake while the cake AND icing are still hot. (The icing will seep into the cake and make your life wonderful!)
Allow iced cake to cool, then place in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
This deliciously fluffy, vegan cake is perfect for using Thanksgiving leftovers. Aside from the cranberry sauce and chocolate chips, it’s almost entirely sweetened with fruit—truly healthy enough for breakfast! If you haven’t tried baking with date paste yet, this is a great recipe to start with!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!