You must be logged in to post a review.
Dark chocolate and coconut combine in a decadent cake!
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Spray a 10” pan with cooking spray then sprinkle the pan with sugar. Shake it around to coat the pan and then dump out excess sugar. Place the prepared cake pan on a sheet pan.
3. For the cake, in a large microwave proof bowl, combine the butter, chocolate pieces and vegetable oil. Microwave it for 90 seconds and then whisk until smooth and well combined.
4. Next, put out 2 bowls (one of the bowls should be for a standing mixer).
5. Separate the eggs, putting the yolks in one bowl and the whites in the mixer bowl.
6. Begin to mix the egg whites on low speed.
7. Meanwhile, add the cocoa, vanilla, salt and coconut to the yolks. Mix well.
8. Add the coconut mixture to the chocolate mixture and combine well.
9. Go back to the whites, which should be white and foamy. Increase speed to medium and gradually begin to add the sugar. Whip the whites until they are stiff and shiny and have reached a stiff peak.
10. Fold the whites into the chocolate-coconut mixture (fold in half at a time).
11. Transfer the batter to the prepared cake pan. Bake the cake at 350ºF for 35 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely before freeing from the pan and placing on a serving platter.
12. When the cake is cool, prepare the coconut whipped cream. Combine the coconut cream and cold whipping cream in a bowl and whip it until it reaches stiff peaks.
13. Spoon the coconut whipped cream onto the center of the cooled cake. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!