You must be logged in to post a review.
Cinnamon and cardamom-spiced cranberry cake with lemon glaze.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch round baking pan with parchment paper and spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. To make the cake, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cardamom, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Whisk together the sugars and vegetable oil in a large bowl. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Whisk in the sour cream, orange zest, 1 tablespoon of lemon zest, vanilla, and apple cider until smooth. Fold in the dry ingredients and cranberries, stirring just until incorporated.
4. Pour the cake into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes. Invert the cake onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
5. To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, remaining 1 tablespoon of lemon zest, and the lemon juice in a small bowl. Drizzle the glaze evenly over the cake.
This recipe is adapted (slightly) from Bon Appetit via Karen DeMasco.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!