You must be logged in to post a review.
Rice Krispies, walnuts and dates rolled together in buttery-sugar goodness and coconut.
1. In a skillet over medium heat, melt together 1 stick of butter, 2 cups of sugar and a bag of chopped dates. Cook for about 10 minutes until dates begin to melt and mixture thickens.
2. In a separate bowl add the walnuts and Rice Krispies cereal.
3. After date mixture has thickened, stir it into the walnut and Rice Krispies cereal. If additional cereal is needed to make the mixture thicker, add a little extra at this step.
4. Put the coconut in a shallow bowl. Using clean kitchen gloves sprayed with cooking spray, begin to roll the mixture into 1″ sized balls.
5. Roll the cookie balls into the coconut flakes and set them on a tray.
6. Let them cool, about 30 minutes until set.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!