You must be logged in to post a review.
Cinnamon-sugar snack cake drizzled with a sweet cinnamon glaze and topped with lightly crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal.
This is literally heaven.
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Cream butter and sugar together in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add egg and vanilla; beat until incorporated.
3. Stir in salt, flour, baking powder, and cinnamon with the mixer on low speed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally. Add milk and mix until batter comes together.
4. Coat an 8×8 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour in half of the batter.
5. In a small bowl, combine the ground cinnamon and sugar for the cinnamon sugar mixture. Sprinkle half of this mixture over the first layer of batter.
6. Top cinnamon-sugar layer with remaining batter. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture over the top of the batter.
7. Bake at 350º F for 23-25 minutes or until cake is set. Cool completely.
8. For the glaze, stir together powdered sugar, milk, and ground cinnamon.
9. Once cake has cooled, drizzle with glaze and sprinkle with Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal.
Cut into 9 squares, and enjoy!
Adapted from How Sweet Eats.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!