You must be logged in to post a review.
A chocolate brownie cookie with a caramel surprise.
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF and ready your cookies sheets with parchment paper or a Silpat.
2. In a large mixing cup or a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powders, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
3. Using a stand or hand mixer, cream together the butter and the granulated sugar. Add eggs one at a time, scraping the sides between additions.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, slowly giving them time to incorporate. Once all the dry ingredients have been incorporated, add the vanilla.
5. Using a small cookie dough scoop, roll the dough into a ball. Slightly flatten the ball with one hand, and place a Rolo in the middle. Wrap the dough around the Rolo and place on the baking sheet.
6. Bake for 6-10 minutes, depending on the heat of your oven. Let cool on baking racks.
7. Before serving, sift the confectioners sugar over the tops for a snow-like effect.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!