You must be logged in to post a review.
Coconut macaroons dipped in delicious milk chocolate.
1. Preheat your oven to 325 F and grease a baking sheet. Set baking sheet aside. In a medium sized bowl combine your coconut, flour and salt.
2. In a separate bowl combine your granulated sugar, egg whites and vanilla. Mix well and add it into your dry ingredients. Mix to combine.
3. Make your macaroons into tablespoon sized cookies, and drop them onto you baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes then remove the baking sheet from the oven and set it on a rack. Completely cool the macaroons.
4. Add you chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl, microwave for approximately 30 seconds or until the chocolate is melted (be careful not to over cook the chocolate or it will become hard and you’ll have to restart.) If needed heat for additional 15 second increments until smooth.
5. Dip half of each macaroon into the melted chocolate, set onto a baking sheet and let the chocolate on the macaroons harden before serving.
This recipe makes approximately 10 macaroons. I would suggest doubling the recipe because these are highly addictive!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!