You must be logged in to post a review.
Dense chocolate cupcakes with a swirl of sweet chocolate frosting.
1. To make the cupcakes, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two standard muffin tins with paper liners.
2. Melt chocolate in the top of a double boiler placed over simmering water, stirring until completely smooth. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
3. Combine sugar, flour, baking soda, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer and blend for a few seconds to combine. Whisk together the coffee, sour cream, and vegetable oil in a small bowl. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the coffee mixture and mix until well combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition. Stir in the melted chocolate.
4. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into the muffin cups. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack and let cool completely.
5. To make the frosting, melt chocolate in the top of a double boiler placed over simmering water, stirring until completely smooth. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
6. Combine the evaporated milk and sugar in a blender and blend until well combined. Add the melted chocolate and blend for about 2 minutes, until thick and shiny. The blender’s sound will change when the frosting reaches the right consistency. Pour the frosting into a small bowl and let sit at room temperature for 1 1/2 hours.
7. Spread a generous amount of frosting on top of each cupcake.
This recipe is adapted from Rosie’s Baking Book.
These cupcakes are all about decoration. My favorites are the monster cupcakes. They are colorful, fun and so easy to achieve the cuteness. No piping skills required. I guarantee you. You can go as crazy as you want. After all they are monsters.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!