You must be logged in to post a review.
Although you might find this hard to believe, candy does not get eaten in my house. We constantly have a stash of leftover chocolate bars from the holidays. A great way to use up the wonderful chocolate bars is to bake with them! I have made everything from chocolate crossants to ganache with my leftover candy. Today I wanted something small and SINFUL! The result is an airy cookie with a molten center.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the margarine, sugar, and brown sugar until creamy. This should take about 3 minutes. You want them to incorporate well.
2. While the sugar is mixing, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
3. Add the egg to the margarine and sugar mixture. Combine well. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
4. Slowly mix the flour mixture into the wet, making sure to thoroughly combine before the next addition.
5. On a chopping board, carefully chop your choice of chocolate. I used a Belgian dark chocolate bar with almonds. You can use any high quality chocolate of your choice.
6. Stir the chocolate chunks into into the batter. This will take some muscle!
7. Arrange an assembly line with your batter, then a bowl with powdered sugar and then an un-greased cookie sheet. Pinch off the dough and using your hands, roll into 1.5″ diameter balls. Roll the chocolate balls into the powdered sugar and then roll again in your hand to dust off excess. Place on your cookie sheet, allowing at least an inch of space around each cookie.
8. Bake in a preheated 350 F oven for 10 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 3-4 minutes before removing cookies from pan.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!