You must be logged in to post a review.
These peanut butter cookies pack an extra punch of peanut butter with the addition of peanut butter chips. Oh, and the brown butter, that is just a bonus! Devour with a large glass of milk!
1. Heat a large saute pan over medium heat on the stove and melt the butter.
2. Keep your eye on the butter, as it will start to foam and make a crackling noise (watch out, you could get hit by little “spits” of hot butter).
3. After the foam subsides, small brown flecks will start to appear on the bottom of the pan. Once the butter has reached a nice brown color, and has a nutty aroma, turn the heat off. Pour the browned butter into a small bowl and refrigerate until solid again.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Using an electric mixer, cream the solid butter, sugars and peanut butter together until mixed well. Scrape down the side of the bowl.
5. Continue mixing, while adding the eggs one at a time. Make sure each egg is incorporated before adding the next.
6. Add the vanilla. Mix well for a few minutes until the batter is light and fluffy. Scrape down the bowl with a spatula. Set aside.
7. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
8. With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour into the creamed mixture. Mix until just combined, making sure not to over mix.
9. Fold in the peanut butter chips.
10. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
11. Bake at 350 F for 12 minutes, or until golden on the outside, and slightly gooey on the inside.
12. Allow to cool on a wire rack … or just eat immediately!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!