You must be logged in to post a review.
Birthday brownies. Yum.
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC) and grease your whoopie pie pan.
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat in cocoa, flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 13 minutes. Do not overcook.
4. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt half the chocolate chips in 30-second intervals, stirring in between until completely melted. Remove from the microwave and pour the remaining half of your chocolate chips into the bowl. The heat from the melted batch will melt the remaining chips. This is called tempering.
5. Carefully dip half of each whoopie pie into the chocolate, lay on parchment paper or a wire rack and sprinkle with sprinkles. Refrigerate for 4 minutes until firm. Store in an airtight container.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!