You must be logged in to post a review.
This oatmeal bar recipe was taken from a sheet of paper I found at my antique store. Someone took the time to write this recipe down and detail every ingredient. Someone probably loved this recipe and now it has a new home. My home! And hopefully your home. I changed the recipe slightly as I didn’t want to add all the dried fruit and the original recipe made a crazy amount of bars. I also doubled the coconut. My Aunt Kelly swears by these. Enjoy!
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. In the bowl of a stand mixer blend sugars and butter on medium until combined.
2. Add vanilla and egg. Mix well.
3. Add baking soda, salt, and flour. Mix until well combined.
4. By hand add coconut and oats. Combine everything and pour into a buttered 8×8 pan.
5. Bake at 325 F for 18-20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven. Let them cool. Cut into bars.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!