You must be logged in to post a review.
Chocolate chip cookies with some bacon bits thrown in.
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
3. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
4. Beat butter, brown sugar, and white sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
5. Add 1 egg to the butter/sugar mixture, beat until blended.
6. Add the second egg, vanilla, and rum (or maple). Beat until blended and fluffy.
7. Stir in the flour mixture a little at a time until combined.
8. Stir in bacon and chocolate chips.
9. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the cookie sheets.
10. Cook until golden brown around the edges, around 10-12 minutes (my top rack took 10 minutes, my bottom rack surprisingly took longer, closer to 12 minutes).
11. Transfer to cooling racks and allow them to cool. Makes around 24 cookies (large cookies! These came out huge!).
Made with quinoa, whole grains and oats, these healthy cookies are perfect to grab on-the-go! Almonds, cranberries, chocolate chips and coconut add a subtle sweetness. After one bite, your taste buds will be partying.
One of my favorite candy bars is the Heath chocolate covered toffee bar. Heath makes a toffee chip for baking. They are very small and mix well for a well distributed flavor. I took one of my old oatmeal cookie bar recipes and tweaked it to include these chips and also some chocolate chips. They are tasty and crispy and even more so after fully cooling overnight. That is, if they last overnight!
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!