You must be logged in to post a review.
Tender, sweet and tart apricots wrapped in buttery, flaky filo dough make a fast and easy strudel!
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Prepare a sheet pan with a Silpat or parchment paper.
2. In a small pan, melt the butter over low heat. Set aside.
3. Slice the apricots into thin wedges and set them in a bowl.
4. Sprinkle the apricots with sugar, flour and cinnamon. Gently toss everything to coat.
5. Lay a single sheet of filo down in the pan. Brush the sheet with butter.
6. Then lay 2 sheets of filo dough in the opposite direction, overlapping. Brush them with butter.
7. Continue this process of 1 sheet followed by 2 sheets until you have 8 layers of filo dough.
8. Spread the apricots out on the filo dough in a line.
9. Pull the filo dough up and over the apricots and then roll it like a spring roll until the edge of the filo dough is tucked under the strudel.
10. Tuck the ends under. Brush the whole outside of the streudel generously with the rest of the melted butter.
11. Bake the strudel at 400ºF for 30 minutes or until the fruit is soft and the pastry is golden brown.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!