You must be logged in to post a review.
Soft almond sugar cookies with creamy sweet frosting and festive sprinkles!
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF, and prepare some sheet pans with Silpats or parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream together the butter, salt and sugar. Cream until soft and fluffy.
3. Add the extract and the egg yolks and combine well.
4. Add the flour and poppy seeds and mix well. Transfer the dough to a sheet of wax paper and wrap it up like a disc. Refrigerate about 1 hour.
5. Use a little powdered sugar to help roll the dough out to ¼” thickness, and use a round cookie cutter to cut the dough.
6. Place the dough on the prepared sheet pans.
7. Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes until still pale, but cooked through. Gently remove from the pan and set out to cool.
8. While the cookies are cooling, prepare the almond frosting.
9. In the bowl of a standing mixer, whip together the butter, powdered sugar, almond extract and milk and beat until fluffy.
10. Spread the top of each cookie with the frosting and then immediately top with sprinkles.
Nancy is the Coupon Clipping Cook, which means she not only has an astounding number of recipes to share with us (her TK recipe box is busting at the seams!) but she's also got loads of money-saving tips in her blog (she worked at a grocery store for a number of years, so she knows her stuff). She has some pretty amazing creations, like Roasted Garlic Potato Soup and Nutty Coconut Chicken. Go check them out!
Heather is a Texas native and the blogger behind Heather's Dish. She's mom to Weston, wife to Nate, and they live in Little Rock, Arkansas with their two "stubborn and saucy" dogs Bunker and Keira. In her blog, she shares her photographs, random musings (serious and silly alike), and all kinds of scrumptious recipes---and not just evil variations of her favorite mac and cheese. Her enviable TK recipe box is a testament to that. Go see for yourself!